Because I generally eat salads everyday during the work week, I try to be more creative with my dinners. When making food at home, I tend to stick with something healthy and vegetarian, and I've recently been making zucchini patties almost every week. It's quite foolproof (mix everything together and pop in the oven!) and very delicious.
- 1/4 white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated sharp yellow cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 zucchini, grated
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C)
- Grate zucchini onto a paper towel and squeeze to rid of water
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients
- Mix well with a large fork
- Spray a baking pan with cooking spray
- Mold into 2 inch patties-- should make around 9 patties
- Bake for 25 minutes
Best served with chili sauce or tzatziki sauce.