Red Velvet Pancakes, $8: Superb! These pancakes were dense and quite moist. We were going to share beignets, but changed our order as soon as we spotted this on the menu. Red velvet pancakes are not as common as they should be at restaurants!
Bloody Mary, $12: Natalie's brunch cocktail of choice. She said this was a little too spicy.
We weren't very creative, and all ordered similar dishes, but they were all superb.
Crab Benedict, $14: The egg benedicts are served with a choice of shredded leek hashbrowns, grits, Farmers salad, fruit or tomatoes. I went with the salad which was just as amazing as I remembered. There was avocado, pieces of fig, croutons, and champagne vinaigrette. The benedict was amazing, with plenty of crab under each poached egg.
Crab Benedict, $12: Same as the one above, but with shredded leek hashbrowns on the side instead.
"Red Flannel Hash", $12: goat cheese, pan roasted red beets, shredded leek hashbrowns, poached eggs. The beets were slightly sweet with an almost charred texture. So good.
- The best server ever. She was on it with checking on us at all the right times, and complimented my camera strap!
- Dyson airblade hand dryer in the bathrooms. Love them.
- Lovely smelling Mrs. Meyers Clean Day soy candle in lemon verbena burning in the bathroom.
- Great music in the restaurant (John Mayer, The Script, etc.)
- Consistently solid food!
- Accepts brunch reservations.
- Honestly can't think of any...
1924 Pennsylvania Avenue NW (between N 19th Street & 20th Street)
Washington DC 20006
Phone number: (202)822-8783
View Larger Map